This trek gives opportunity to see the beautiful Kingdom of Bhutan at its most magnificent form. It follows more or less the old trading route between different valleys. From the towering snow peaks of the inner Himalayas to the verdant forests which cloak the hills above its peaceful valleys, the trails are clean, unspoiled, and the wilderness still pristine in its beauty.
D1 - Arrival at Kathmandu Airport
Transfer to Hotel
D2 - Kathmandu
Sight seeing, Bhaktapur and Swyambhu Nath
D3 - Departure to Bhutan
Arrival at Paro International Airport
D4 - Begin the trek: Paro - Chonana
Most of the days walk is a gradual climb through pine forests. Along the trail, you pass some beautiful farm houses. The view of the Paro valley from the trail is also excellent. Overnight in camp. Alt. 3500 mtrs. 14 kms. 4-5 hrs.
D5 - Chonana - Jebkarpo
The trail takes you through forest filled with primula, rhododendron and many other species of plants and trees. After crossing the pass, the trail goes along the ridge of Chilila with clear view of the Himalayas. Overnight in camp. Air. 3500 rntrs. 16 kms. 5-6 hrs
D6 Jebkarpo - Lower Mingula
Early morning view from the camp site, of Mount Chomolhari ( Divine Mountain of the Goddess ), Tserim Gang (Glacier of long life), and the famous mountain Jitchu Drake are absolutely breathtaking. The trail follows the ridge above the Ha valley. Overnight in camp. Alt. 3953 mtrs. 15 kms. 5-6 hrs.
D7 Lower Mingula - Thong
On this route, you will see lots of yaks. Overnight in camp. Alt. 3950 mtrs. 16 kms. 5-6 hrs.
D8 Thong - Thimphu
A short descent and you are in Paro valley. The trek ends at Drugyal Dzong and from there you drive to Paro. Lunch at Paro and drive on to Thimphu ( Capital of Bhutan ). Thimphu is 65 kms. from Paro and takes about 2 hrs. drive.
D9 Thimphu - Sightseeing
A full day of sightseeing in Thimphu. You can visit:
- Tashichho Dzong, the seat of the Royal Government and the summer residence of the Monk Body and the Chief Abbot.
- Handicrafts Emporium where Bhutanese textiles and other arts are displayed and can he purchased.
- Painting and Wood craft school where the traditional art and painting is kept alive.
- Memorial Chorten, a huge Stupa built in memory of the third King of Bhutan who reigned from 1952-1972.
- National Library where ancient manuscripts are preserved.
- Simtokha Dzong (6 kms from Thimphu) the oldest Dzong in Bhutan built in 1629 A.D.
Overnight in Hotel.
D10 Thimphu - Punakha/Wangdiphodrang
A full day excursion to Punakha, the former Capital of Bhutan (77 kms) and Wangdi Phodrang (16 kms from Punakha). You can visit the Dzongs in both the places as well as other interesting sites. Lunch at Punakha or Wangiphodrang and return to Thimphu.
D11 Thimphu - Paro
Morning : Stroll through Thimphu town to do some shopping, visit the Post Office to do your philatelic purchases and if time permits, drive up to Dechenchholing and see the Palace of the Queen Mother and down-valley view of the Thimphu valley and Tashichho Dzong. Lunch at the Hotel.
After lunch, drive to Paro 65 kms from Thimphu and takes about 2 hrs. drive. Overnight in Hotel.
D12 Paro - Sightseeing
Drive up to Satsam Chorten, 10 kms from Paro town and from there hike up to Taktsang Monastery. The name Taktsang means " Tiger's Nest ". The Monastery is perched on a rocky ledge with a sheer drop of nearly 4000 ft. and overlooks the Paro valley. Picnic lunch at the Taktsang cafeteria. The round trip hike takes about 4 hrs.
D13 Paro - Airport for the departure to Kathmandu.
D14 - Transfer to Kathmandu airport
End of this Chilila trek in Bhutan
Included in the Cost
- All airport pick-ups and drops
- All ground transportation by comfortable private vehicles
- All Meals in Bhutan
- Sightseeing in Nepal and Bhutan by an experienced English speaking local tour guide
- Permits and sightseeing entrance fees for museums and monuments as per the itinerary
- Company services and all required government taxes
Bhutanese visa fee
Not Included in the Cost
- All international flights
- Nepalese visa fee (easily available after arriving at the Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu)
- All personal expenses (personal gear, telephone calls, beverages, internet, laundry etc.)
- Other services not mentioned in the 'What Is Included' section
- Travel insurance
- Tips for guides and drivers
The itinerary may be modified due to organizational constraints (eg transportation and accommodation in particular), weather conditions, the level of participants, or any other cause related to the security of the group.
We also offer other treks in Bhutan, do not hesitate to contact us for more information: